The refugeTypical Venetian cuisine, open all year round.
The refuge has a restaurant with seating capacity of around 250 with a panoramic view of the Veneto plain and the Dolomites, a bar and a room for packed lunches. The “Rifugio Bassano” which has been managed by the Coletto family since 2002, is open all year round but closed on Tuesdays November-April. The cuisine is typical of the Veneto region and you can always find "sopressa mushrooms and polenta", "fetuccine alla boscaiola", "gnocchi with malga cheeses", " bigoli with venison", " veal bites" and "baked potatoes".
The refuge does not allow overnight stays. The kitchen opens at midday, whilst in the evening reservation is required. The bar is open all day.
Menu of the dayWhat do we offer today
• Affettato misto con sottacetiBooking
• Polenta con soppressa e formaggio di Malga
• Homemade Bigoli with venison ragoutBooking
• Fresh homemade Fettuccine alla Boscaiola
• Potato gnocchi with Malga cheeses
• Potato gnocchi with meat ragout or tomato sauce
• Baked lasagna with meat ragout
• Homemade Pasta and beans
• Soppressa, polenta, mixed forest mushrooms and Malga cheeseBooking
• Veal bites with mushrooms and polenta
• Venison Stew with mixed forest mushrooms and polenta
• Grilled cockerel with polenta and peppers
• Pork shank baked in the oven with polenta and cooked vegetables
• Grilled sausages with polenta and mixed forest mushrooms
• House Speciality Roast Pork with grilled polenta and peppers
• Melted cheese with polenta and mixed mushrooms
• Grandma's cakeBooking
• Chocolate Sacher Torte
• Apple Strudel
• Homemade Apple pie
• Jam tart with wild berries
• Pears and chocolate
• Tart with mascarpone cream and fresh fruit
BookingBook your table directly online. *
Experience the GrappaCombine history and nature.
With a break in the Italian front in Caporetto, Monte Grappa became the first battle line of the mountain sector between Brenta and Piave. After a dramatic retreat, the Italian troops reached the Grappa.
The refuge has a restaurant with seating capacity of around 250 with a panoramic view of the Veneto plain and the Dolomites, a bar and a room for packed lunches.
The geographical location of Mount Grappa close to the Venetian plain makes it a particularly rich area, both in terms of flora and vegetation.